Pointer Tool and Tile Variability

General discussion relating to everything 001 Game Creator.
Forum rules
The release date of the next version is completely unknown. Predictions are sometimes mentioned around the site, but they're always inaccurate. We're doing this for fun, so we enjoy not having deadlines.

Due to lack of time, feature requests and suggestions are currently not being taken by non-subscribers at this time.

Creating topics in this forum section has been disabled. If you would like to post questions concerning GG Maker, please post in the appropriate support forum.
Mike
001 Co-Founder

Pointer Tool and Tile Variability

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:18 pm

We've been working on a few features recently that simply make 001 feel more complete. Subscribers have seen some of these, and some of them they have not. We now have a pointer tool and some new drawing tools. We now also have something called tile variability. Read on!

Pointer Tool

It's been a long time coming, but subscribers will get their hands on a new tool that really should have been in 001 for quite some time. It's the common pointer tool:

point.png
Pointer Tool Icon
point.png (1.53 KiB) Viewed 78680 times

Exciting, I know. Actually, it is quite exciting. Here's what you can do with it using your mouse:

1. Moving actors, timer/spawns, doors, item pick-ups, lights, speakers, zones, blockings, comments, and fields
  2. Changing the radius of lights and speakers
  3. Re-sizing zones, blockings and fields
  4. Right-clicking any of these objects to immediately access its context menu

All of these tasks used to be somewhat tedious.

Icons

Initially we had icons to represent lights and speakers - we now have icons to represent actors and fields, which make it a bit easier to find things. Though, now with the pointer tool, it's not really relevant anymore.

Tile Variability

This is something that a few beta testers have been using, and subscribers will now be able to check this out as well. Tile variability allows you to variate the offset, color, flipping and 90 angle rotation of tiles. Essentially, you can produce interesting landscapes with very little effort:

tile variability.png
Tile Variability
simple ground variation.png
Terraformation Variability
enhanced ground variability-1.png
Ground Variability

Circle and Line

And lastly, there's now filled circle, unfilled circle and line map drawing tools, which will never be used, but they complete our set of map drawing tools :).

ashburp
001 Admirer

Re: Pointer Tool and Tile Variability

Postby ashburp » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:29 pm

cool features. i really like the tile variability and could see where that would be a handy tool.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Heh heh! You might've noticed tile variability in some of the newer screens of my sidescroller. Really makes the tiles seem less overused and all one tile.

And the pointer tool really cuts down on time by allowing you to move and resize things directly in the editor.

JamX
001 Subscriber

Postby JamX » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Mike wrote:Tile Variability

This is something that a few beta testers have been using, and subscribers will now be able to check this out as well. Tile variability allows you to variate the offset, color, flipping and 90 angle rotation of tiles. Essentially, you can produce interesting landscapes with very little effort:

Oh! You finally did add it! :D

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Tried and tested and i must say you have done a smashing job Mike! :D

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Move via pointer tool: Yes! :D
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

Return to General 001 Discussion