Forgotten Crusaders (Forum RPG)

Play all sorts of non-001, forum-based games here, from complex role-playing ones, to simple counting ones.
Forum rules
This section is NOT for games made with 001 - please use the Games section.
Manicdude
Distinguished 001 Member

Re: Forgotten Crusaders (Forum RPG)

Postby Manicdude » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:08 am

The jig is up. They know you're here.
Alex grinned. The invisible decoy Alice was sustaining had given him the edge. They obviously didn't know that the source of his invisibility was given to him by gods and that there was nothing short of magic that could see him, and powerful magic at that of course anyone near death could see him. Experimentation proved that Alex was completely invisible until it was too late to cancel the deathblow. He considered using that trick to deal with them. But no, that would be unfair, though a two against one is probably also unfair, for the two, not him. Alex slid down from on top of the statue as Alice let the decoy fade. Anyone looking for movement would notice him sliding or hear him land. He crept up behind Ven and whispered in his ear. "Get everyone out of here. Now."
Ven drew his ocarina and played a short tune, the briefly hypnotized civilians fled quickly. "Ai and Fyuria will arrive in a dozen minutes. You owe me. Whatever you are planning on doing here, stay here." Ven said before retreating after the civilians.

Alex tossed back the hood of the robe of the Grim Reaper and came into visibility. "Now then you obviously know who I am, but I want to make sure you know everything. Aleksander Raglan, the Deceiver. I've also gone by the name of Phoenix, Reaver the Mad and a dozen others throughout the years. I've been called King, Avatar of Moon, Destroyer, Avatar of Chaos, Harbinger of Doom, High Crusader, Grand Warlock and Pyromancer. Of course, I've been long since exiled and now people only know of my work with Chaos."
Alex drew his sword and transformed it into a giant two-hander, wielding it with one hand and almost no effort.
"So you're here to pick a fight with a legend?"
In order to survive in this world, I have put on armors of a false self. As utterly foolish as it may sound, the reality is that I am fearful of having the real me be rejected by those around me so I don this facade of a fake persona. Although wearing this fabricated armor, I am actually exposing the weak nature of my defense. I feel like a matryoshka doll, being just a small doll trapped within several larger fake shells. The problem with hiding behind this fake identity, is that I have worn it so long, there is nothing beneath. It has been too long since I have been myself. I cannot recall who I truly am.
What are you waiting for? Hug me so tightly that these matryoshka shells shatter. Smash them, tear them, and rip them off for me, all these armors that I'm wearing. Break them all and let me be myself.

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 pm

"I'm here to turn that legend into a myth! I don't give a fuck about who you are and what you did in the past. You're Phoenix to me at this time and place-whether you like it or not. Therefore, Phoenix! Prepare yourself again against the elemental swordswoman named Sagira Kouri and Rhythen!" yells Sagira Kouri to close their distance. She draws her blade that transform its shade into neon red. The people who once surrounded her run toward the buildings and streets, creating space for her to move without piercing anyone. Using her energy, her blade shifts as the dirt around her rises and swirl around her body. Eventually, the red glow from her blade intertwine with the spiral dirt into a white light until her body was wrapped in armor--helmet cover her whole face, iridium chest plate concealing her whole upper body, along with shins, armlet bands. Her blade also alters in its form, resembling a long sword. Although this reduces her pace and allow her to take beatings more, her armor shields the pain as being the strongest armor and the lightest.

Her voice was muffled, she yells to her partner, wherever he stood. "Whatever you go, make sure you bring it." She slams the tip of her blade on the ground and run toward him, creating sparks to emit from the ground. Then lifting, she attempts to strike him.

Manicdude
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Manicdude » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 am

(Watch the language.)

Alex blocked the strike with his sword. His arm not even faltering from the blow due to the sheer mass of his sword. "I haven't heard of either of you. Nor do I care enough to take note of your names. You want to what? Turn my legend into myth? Well you're going to have to repair a destroyed city and ressurrect about a million corpses to do that sweetie." Still blocking, he punched the girl's armor, to test its strength and force her back. What made Alex really laugh is that they were trying to use fire magic against a flame demon. If they use flames on you, that's when I'll jump in. I haven't had any fire in a long time. After his punch was resolved, he brought his sword down in a vertical slice. Should she dodge, Alex prepared to emit a shockwave of chaos energy once the blade struck the street.
In order to survive in this world, I have put on armors of a false self. As utterly foolish as it may sound, the reality is that I am fearful of having the real me be rejected by those around me so I don this facade of a fake persona. Although wearing this fabricated armor, I am actually exposing the weak nature of my defense. I feel like a matryoshka doll, being just a small doll trapped within several larger fake shells. The problem with hiding behind this fake identity, is that I have worn it so long, there is nothing beneath. It has been too long since I have been myself. I cannot recall who I truly am.
What are you waiting for? Hug me so tightly that these matryoshka shells shatter. Smash them, tear them, and rip them off for me, all these armors that I'm wearing. Break them all and let me be myself.

Not Me
001 Subscriber

Postby Not Me » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Rhythen fired another arrow before putting his bow away. He could clearly see that their opponent was powerful, so he began to look around the area for something he could use to tip the scales in their favor. His eyes darted from object to object as he tried to put together a plan.

And then they alighted on something. Or, more specifically, everything.

Rhythen smirked to himself as he began to rip chunks out of everything he could reach, all the while staying behind the building he was previously standing on and out of sight of the battlefield.
"I'll just need to conjure myself a little wind..." He said to himself as he vandalized whatever he could reach.
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

Manicdude
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Manicdude » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:07 am

(Serrafina has taken longer than a week to respond, by the rules that means her character dies of a heart attack, but MNWT isn't here to enforce the rules anymore so I won't kill her character off. In all honestly, I am getting the vibe that this will be another month long fight, so I'm not interested. If you want to interact, find some other way than fighting. I'm really not interested in fighting other people's characters. And Alex really doesn't want to kill more people than he already has.)

Alex thought better of dirtying his sword with her blood. "Weak." He said as he tapped into the power that the body prevents itself from using, flicking away another arrow. He reverted his sword into its smaller size and sheathed it, kicking the girl as he did. The girl whose name Alex had already forgot was sent flying back and crashed into the building that the other one was hiding behind. "You are 100 years too early to fight me. I'm not interested in fighting more useless trash born of flesh and blood. My enemy is Chaos and the gods. I will not fight anyone else. Stand in my way and I will cut your legs off and walk over your body. I won't waste my time with weaklings." Alex spat as he walked away.
You're forgetting your promise to Ven.
"You said you wanted your chakrani back first anyway." Alex replied.
Which is why I'm not insisting you keep your word.
By the time Alex left town a nightmare was waiting for him. Get on it. Alex mounted the steed cautiously, aware that any seen unfit to ride the demon would catch fire. Alex was aware that in demonic culture it was an honor to ride one and a great privilege to own one. The steed galloped off into the sky and towards Alex's destination.

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Sagira Kaori unexpectally dies from sudden heartattack while wearing her armor after receiving a slash mark on her chest armor.

Manicdude
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Manicdude » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:02 pm

(I take it that you're quitting then? There was no reason for you to kill off your character otherwise.)

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm

(Pretty much. I just roleplay to have fun when I have the time. I don't have the time to write a proper remark back to you or others at this time. I'm already lacking in the Team Forum for not messaging everybody.)

Manicdude
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Manicdude » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:09 pm

(Fair enough. Now I wonder if the other two are staying or leaving. This could be the end for Forgotten Crusaders if somebody else leaves. I'll say that it was a fun passtime if nothing else.)
(Well if nobody says anything. I assume everyone has quit. Whatever, this rpg is over.)

TheSchmittMeister
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby TheSchmittMeister » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:43 am

(I think it's run it's course... But I'mma post my last post anyways)

Theodore placed three books on the table in front of him. He placed his index finger on the central one and pushed it forward.
"'The Artemis Flame'. This just explains the legend, it's back-story, etc. The last few chapters are the ones you want to look at."
He pushed the left most book forward.
"'Through Fire and Flames'. A fictional novel, but there are flecks of the real story within. I noted some of the chapters actually."
The librarian pulled one of the crude wooden drawers out and withdrew a rough notebook and flicked through the pages then stopped and ran his finger down the page.
"Here we go. Chapters 8, 13 and the final chapter, chapter 23."
He returned the notebook and pushed forward the remaining book.
"This is the book you're going to want to pay close attention to. It's a journal. A couple of our lads came in with a bag found on some poor sods skeleton. Seems like he had the same idea as you. Got pretty far too. Unfortunately he  new nothing about the lantern or the cube."
Theodore piled the books up in front of him and handed them to Aldwulf who fitted them into his satchel, giving a nod as thanks. Bryn tossed a coin to the librarian who almost fumbles in catching it.
"Cheers, Theo. Knew I could count on you."

Upon leaving the archives Aldwulf inquired,
"Do you have a room I can use so I can study these books in peace?"
"I think all rooms are currently being used. Tell you what I can do though. We own a lovely hotel in the city. Go there and ask for the private study and mention my name. The room is lovely and so quiet you could hear a pin drop."
"Much obliged."
Bryn offered his hand for a handshake. Aldwulf grasped the hand with his cold bony fingers and shook. Bryn regretted his action immediately, but kept his discomfort hidden.
Aldwulf turned and left. Heading towards the city. Once he was out of earshot, Kathryn turned to Bryn,
"I don't trust him."
"No one trust him. But if he wanted us dead we wouldn't be having this conversation."
Bryn withdrew his notebook from his pouch and flicked to the page dated today and scanned through it.
"I'm bored, are you bored? Let's go out and do something."
"What do you have in mind?"
"Let's go to the city and start from there."
"Business?"
"Well... There might be a few things I can quickly pop in and address but not entirely."
Kathryn raises an eyebrow at the obvious lie,
"Alright. But you owe me a drink."
"Fine. But you're sticking to a budget from now on."
ಠ_ರೃ Quite...

I AM The Schmitt Meister!!!
I HAVE A DEMO! I HAVE A COOL 5 MINUTE DEMO! GO ME!!!
http://www.engine001.com/games/The+Xeron+Project_1324.htm
The Xeron ProjectDisscusion:http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15511
I plan on living forever... So far, so good...
My Website:
http://schmittshack.weebly.com/
My Animations/movies/youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/Schmitty59#p/a/u/1/2c3EJkWRNEI
Game in progress:The Xeron Project----------5%

PreviousNext

Return to Forum-Based Games