New to 001

New to the forums? Going on vacation? Leaving forever? Tell us!
OohmBalaGames

New to 001

Postby OohmBalaGames » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:09 pm

I've heard of 001 before but never really got around to using it but now that I've got some free time and a few ideas for games I've decided to buy a subscription and give it a go. :-D

It's installing at the moment and I was wondering if you guys have any tips on where to start, what places to look for help, what ye learnt along the way etc.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm not very used to internet forums XD
Just keep swimming ...

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Re: New to 001

Postby JimmySterylian » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Hello hello and welcome to the 001 community :D Hope you enjoy being here while using 001 to bring your ideas to life! Below are some tutorials I made myself that can help you learn how to use 001.

Creating a Simple RPG Game(How to use 001 #1)
Creating a Simple Platformer Game(How to use 001 #2)

Also, if you're generally new to game development, you might want to read this Steam guide. I've been using 001 for about 4 years now and how I learned to use it was mostly through doing stuff and figuring out what does what, I also looked at pre-written scripts and tried to figure out what did what. People learn in lots of different ways, but experience is the best teacher. I suggest you do something similar too but if you ever find yourself stuck, don't hesitate to post your question here or over to the Discord server.

OohmBalaGames

Postby OohmBalaGames » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:16 am

JimmySterylian wrote:Hello hello and welcome to the 001 community :D Hope you enjoy being here while using 001 to bring your ideas to life! Below are some tutorials I made myself that can help you learn how to use 001.

Creating a Simple RPG Game(How to use 001 #1)
Creating a Simple Platformer Game(How to use 001 #2)

Also, if you're generally new to game development, you might want to read this Steam guide. I've been using 001 for about 4 years now and how I learned to use it was mostly through doing stuff and figuring out what does what, I also looked at pre-written scripts and tried to figure out what did what. People learn in lots of different ways, but experience is the best teacher. I suggest you do something similar too but if you ever find yourself stuck, don't hesitate to post your question here or over to the Discord server.

Thanks for the advice and for the tutorials :D Where can I find a link to the Discord server, please? :)
Just keep swimming ...

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Postby JimmySterylian » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:54 am

Return to Hello, Away, Goodbye