Battleroyale (PUBG, H1Z1 KoH, etc)

Talk about your gameplay idea, characters that will be featured and develop your stories in this forum dedicated to games that are just a faint glow.
noeneto123
001 Fanatic

Battleroyale (PUBG, H1Z1 KoH, etc)

Postby noeneto123 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:50 pm

I'm testing this kind of game on 001 to see how it works. The idea is simple: you are in a map with many others players, only one can be the winner, there are many items around the map and the players should take weapons and try to kill each others. The gameplay has some others cool features like a toxic gas area that can kill anyone outside the safe zone and a random crate that drops with a certain amount of time.

The main logic is already working, you already can setup a server, connect to it and play with your friends until the last survivor.

If you have any idea to implement in this game, please let me know, I'll make the project open for anyone who wants to try your own battleroyale game, but I want to implement all possibilities first! :)

ss54.png

Sorry for using MS Paint template, it looks old but can be easily changed!

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: Battleroyale (PUBG, H1Z1 KoH, etc)

Postby Mr.Numbers » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Oooh awesome! Just curious, how did you go about setting up movement? It was quite a challenge for the MMORPG template and would be interested to see how you implemented it!
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

noeneto123
001 Fanatic

Postby noeneto123 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:04 pm

I made the common Change Movement X 'n' Y work through network, but not only it. I've used a timer to set players positions in each client with 1s or 2s delay. Angle just change when you turn the mouse aim on and didn't put any kind of jump movement, so the server doesn't need to send plus this info to the clients.

Juicy

Postby Juicy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:45 pm

I think it might be a good idea to set the camera to top-down as i feel that the 45degree angle is not the best solution in this type of game. Also, since its meant to be just a frame for others to create their game, i would try to make the extra features so that they can be turned on or off as needed and an explanation in how they work. Also, id recommend to keep the graphics to a bare minimum. Having a ready made human player on a setting with grass and water kind of feels that it sets the standard of what it should look like, rather than what could it be like. It might constrict imagination?

http://kiekko.tv/teams/top5.cws theres a good example of what i think is a good game setting, its simple, but it works like a charm. Yeah, its not a kill'em'all game, but one could easily see two teams holding rifles instead of hockey sticks on a, not a skating rink but some other arena.

My 5cnt

noeneto123
001 Fanatic

Postby noeneto123 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:20 am

There is almost no change with how 45º camera view and top down camera work in network. Users can simply change the camera view without any errors. I just need to implement the gas and the random crate to see how it'll works in gameplay. Also, you had a very good idea, I definitely will try to put toggleable features, so you can customise your own battleroyale! Any other thought? Please let me know!

Return to Game, Story and Level Design