Derek the Flightless Duck! - Version 1.1 Released

For completed games made with 001.
Wonderland
001 Support

Re: Derek the Flightless Duck! - Version 1.1 Released

Postby Wonderland » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:11 pm

evs wrote:wow, thats kindof a brutal time limit on the first level.. ive barely got time to grab a piece of toast on my way! the duck looks hell cute running btw. i did beat lvl1 after about 15 goes.. lvl2 will have to wait till tomorrow though its 2:30am..

Thanks for playing. Ironically I was afraid my game was too easy ha ha. I guess when you test it a lot you become a master at it, and assume others will find it easy too. I may release an update to tone down the timer. Just out of curiosity, were you aware that you have the ability to run with the Z key? That can speed things up.

Updated to tone down the timer.

EDIT: Added gameplay video to OP.

EDIT AGAIN: Also, a water world! And a bad dream!

13.png

15.png

Feedback appreciated!
Last edited by Wonderland on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:26 am

no, i didnt realise i could run. i did have some thoughts already though. apart from the toast pickup, there are yellow circles.. are they suns and do they give me extra time to complete the lvl before getting frozen? if not, why not. also,i personally would edit the font on the timer and stuff in the topright, say something 38-48pix high, a chunky font that fades from a light colour (red if you like) to dark (black or near black). its verry simple to do and i think would be easier to see during play and also add a bit of graphic quality., but yeah, that just my 2 cents. its a solid game, the wolves are good enemies.

Wonderland
001 Support

Postby Wonderland » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:58 am

The yellow circles give points. The clocks give extra time. There is also a help thing in the main menu you can read for clarification. Thanks for the idea!

Previous

Return to Completed Games