Throw the Eggs

For completed games made with 001.
tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Location: I either live in eastern North Carolina, or I am a very, very lost person.

Throw the Eggs

Postby tower07 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:03 am

TtE is styled after early 80's arcade games. You take control of a rogue that has stumbled upon a portal to a strange world. He soon realizes this world is inhabited by strange monsters. The only thing he finds is a nest of eggs. He takes these eggs as his only form of defense. Little did he know, those eggs were monster eggs...

http://www.engine001.com/games/Throw%20the%20Eggs%21_2458.htm

Tell me what you think! :D

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Re: Throw the Eggs

Postby hellblade » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 pm

I like it :)
There are a few problems thought - pressing Escape causes an error, when you're right at the top throwing eggs doesn't work properly and the game defaults to 1440x900 when it doesn't need that much space.
Also my first time playing I went to the "?" sign (and then entered level 0) expecting to get some kind of information about how to play the game but got none, and the level seems to go on indefinitely so I was a bit confused till I started again and went to level 1.

Other then those problems, it's a nice game :D

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Great game, a few issues but they have already been mentioned. Love the game, couldnt get it to work on my computer as it says missing Math001.dll so had to use on my gfs laptop. Rated and commented. :) The Maths001.dll is an error on my end not yours, Mike is aware of it.

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:55 pm

i gave it a play. pretty awse arcade skills needed. this'd be a good one to decide who does the dishes. less fun playing by yourself but hey. good ideas

xboxown
001 Subscriber

Postby xboxown » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:15 am

hellblade wrote:I like it :)
There are a few problems thought - pressing Escape causes an error, when you're right at the top throwing eggs doesn't work properly and the game defaults to 1440x900 when it doesn't need that much space.
Also my first time playing I went to the "?" sign (and then entered level 0) expecting to get some kind of information about how to play the game but got none, and the level seems to go on indefinitely so I was a bit confused till I started again and went to level 1.

Other then those problems, it's a nice game :D

Sooo sorry for stealing your words hellblade but you said exactly everything in my mind. So here goes a complete quote from hellblade

"I like it :)

Other then those problems, it's a nice game :D"
Check out my blog at http://gamemakermagazine.com

Return to Completed Games