Wolf Hunt (3D concepts)

For completed games made with 001.

Where should this game go next? (Select one of the Following only if you have played Wolf Hunt.)

Leave it as is.
5%
Re-make this game.
20%
Make a sequal (involves heroes trained by Edgar)
32%
Make a prequal involving Mendvin becoming a wizard.
11%
Make a prequal that takes place centuries before hand.
11%
Add to the existing game (will increase playing time and file-size)
22%

Total votes : 114

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Wolf Hunt (3D concepts)

Postby metomunc » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:25 am

To help Mike track down the random errors that occur which send you from the ships or islands to random places, it'd be awesome if you could send him a save file from the folder "Wolf Hunt". Must be from after you save and have had the problem occur. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it. :D
Save files are named:
SAVE0.1SV to SAVE3.1SV (0 means slot 1, 1 means slot 2, etc...)

They are stored in:
My Documents\001\Games\Wolf Hunt\

Now back to the original program ...

WH Version 2.png

That's right! Version 2.0 is released! Please give feedback and adjust ratings if you wish.

This is a game where you have three(ish) endings branching off of one beginning. You start as a woodcutter named Edgar. One day a wizard comes by your house and asks you to help out the king and stop an evil wizard. The dark wizard kills your neighbors for some secret "item" which you don't find out about until later in the game. Enraged, you go on a quest through three different regions: Albridge (your home), Darklan (the neighboring kingdom of Albridge), and the vast Forelorn forest (which is controlled by rebels) to try to find and destroy the fiend, but on the way, your ambitions may change which can change your fate. There are tensions between the three regions, but you are able to publicly change your allegiences so that you can travel "safely" between borders.
One of the main things you have to do is find out where different keys are kept and get them to go to certain places in the game. There are approximately 9 keys each allowing you to open different kinds of doors spread throughout the land.

CHARACTERS
Edgar- Woodcutter. Hero.
Mauldrin- Evil wizard. (Twin brother of Mendvin.)
Mendvin- Good wizard.
Falcion- Sword master who helps train Edgar.
Onrulo- Falcion's brother. Crossbow expert.
Captain T. Hobbes- Captain of the Albridge Army.
Captain Ongen- Ship/dock owner.
Sigfried- Librarian. Leader of the Scholars.
The Green Robe- Mysterious leader of the Rebels in the Forlorn Forest.
Layaffe- Commander of the rebel Army.
Neft- A warrior who is after Mauldrin and is seeking revenge for the death of his family and destruction of his farm.
The Black Axe- A rebel leader who is planning on uniting the Darklan dragon knights and the Albridge rebels.
Various side characters (including message board users: Dunce, Hellblade, Neto, Sketch, and others)

ARMOR/SHEILDS:
Cloth
Wood
Steel
Leather

WEAPONS:
Swords (some with magical effects)
Magic
Axes
Knives/Daggers
Crossbows
Throwables (rocks, air stars, sun stars)

MUSIC:
Metomunc Origionals (mostly) All MIDI for filesize sake.

SOUND EFFECTS:
Really Awesome!

MAP AREAS:
Albridge Castle
Albridge Village
Darklan Castle
Darklan Village
Great Mountain
Dead Mountain
Forlorn Forest
(and many more)

See Video Below:

A bonus area in the game leads you to some kind of alternate world with other side quests and fun minigames to play. To find it, just look around everywhere you can.
Last edited by metomunc on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:43 am, edited 25 times in total.
Who should I really listen to?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Re: Wolf Hunt

Postby Dunce » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:10 am

metomunc wrote:See Video Below:

All you have to put in the youtube quote things is the numbers and letters at the end of the url.(quote this post to see what I mean.)
I like the sound of different endings. I too was going to put multiple endings depending on how many Mojo Cola Drinks you can find in game.

I also like medieval stuff, so I'm naturally drawn to this, good luck.

moonkill
001 Admirer

Postby moonkill » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:50 am

wow looks so great man.. i like the weapons

Eonsoldier
001 Enthusiast

Postby Eonsoldier » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:44 pm

It looks awesome. I agree about the weapons. That crossbow you made is perfect. I can't wait for this to come out. Keep up the awesome work.

connorgrady
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby connorgrady » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:51 pm

How did you get the tile to move?!?! :D

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:48 pm

connorgrady wrote:How did you get the tile to move?!?! :D

You mean the bookshelf? Very Carefully. Make a character that looks like the tile and give them a team that is always neutral to you no matter what team you are on, then give them 9999 defense and HP.

5econds
001 Fanatic

Postby 5econds » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:55 pm

Way to make the engine look REALLY good! Using it to it's full potential even. Nice!

Jek
001 Enthusiast

Postby Jek » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:03 am

Not exactly full potential. Full potential is a super huge ammount of layers, alot of events(Alot means steal my files and you wont know what the hell it is without alot of work), and also, it has to have less color. The red is too bright, darken it up abit, add some grey. same for most of it.
for the outsides, you should add cliffs, more plants, etc. Not so much that the hero is only wesible 1/4 of the time, but more under, different grasses, etc.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Jek wrote:Not exactly full potential. Full potential is a super huge ammount of layers, alot of events(Alot means steal my files and you wont know what the hell it is without alot of work), and also, it has to have less color. The red is too bright, darken it up abit, add some grey. same for most of it.
for the outsides, you should add cliffs, more plants, etc. Not so much that the hero is only wesible 1/4 of the time, but more under, different grasses, etc.

Too true. Demo's and preveiws don't usually display full potential. The map is left open to make plenty of room for fighting, but true I should make more ground tiles. The colors may look bright in this game because it is supposed to resemble a cartoon.

5econds
001 Fanatic

Postby 5econds » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:23 am

I was trying to be supportive, lol. I mean seriously the 001 is very capable. Of course a demo is just that, a demo. But I still think it looks really impressive for being a demo. Maybe full potential wasn't the right wording. Still looks great though

Next

Return to Completed Games