MMORPG Plugin Question

Have any questions in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

If you are getting an bug or error, please report it to the Bug and Error Reporting forum section instead.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.
001Law

MMORPG Plugin Question

Postby 001Law » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi there.
Things are coming along quite nicely here!

I haven't used this software in YEARS.
I know it can support Sidescrolling games.

I just wanted to know if the new MMORPG system has any limitations that would prevent me from using a combination of both top-down and side-scrolling rpgs?
I'd like to create something like the old Zelda 2 where the player navigates the world via top down, but the fights, dungeons, and towns are all side scrolling.

Thanks in advance,
Lawrence

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Re: MMORPG Plugin Question

Postby AnvilHouse » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:39 am

yes easily possible, would just need to properly switch your controls and create a map with your desired viewpoint
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

001Law

Postby 001Law » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Forgive my ignorance, - the promo video goes so fast, but does the mmo rpg kit include a server system for the price?
Would I just plug in some setup information and let your servers handle my mmo?

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:39 pm

I have to correct Anvilhouse on one thing. Currently the MMORPG template does NOT support platformer-styled gameplay. Only top-down and 45 degree are supported. We may expand functionality to allow for all view points, however it would require a bit of a rewrite of how the movement system works and some networking changes.

We currently are not providing any server hosting.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Return to Technical Support Questions