CEs used as Functions do not enclose multi-line text in ""

Report any problems that may have occurred while using 001 Game Creator.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

CEs used as Functions do not enclose multi-line text in ""

Postby JimmySterylian » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 am

Pretty understandable from what the title says. When I use a custom event as a use value, it does not enclose multi-line text parameters in quotation marks and thereby making the engine read them as identifiers. You can of course place the quotation marks manually but that consumes time, especially if you have a few of those parameters.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: CEs used as Functions do not enclose multi-line text in

Postby Mr.Numbers » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:01 pm

This has already been fixed a few versions back. Can you please double check that you are indeed running the latest version? I have tested it and it seems to be functioning properly. If the issue still happens in the latest version please send a bug report with a super simple setup so we can forward it to Mike as there is possibly an edge case that was missed. Thank you!

1.018.002 Release Notes wrote:
-Fixed occasional crash with triggers debugger window.
-Fixed crash when unloading a map with music that is still being used.
-Fixed not saving network message parameter tooltip descriptions.
-Fixed "Walk to Cursor" actor event to factor in camera's axis.
-Added default option for number custom event parameters.
-Added default option for text/number network messages.
-Fixed scripting error when using "Item Collection" resource use value.
-Updated help menu.
-Added an option to use the online wiki or to use the local help file for help topics; also, asks user on first use of help.
-Moved "Direction (Cardinal)" to "Listing" option in custom events and network messages.
-Added "Rotation (Angle)", "Time" and "Speed" parameter types to custom events and network messages.
-Added "Time with Delay", "Text Cluster" and "Branch Text Cluster" parameter types to custom events.
-Fixed "Mutli-Line Text" issues with custom event/network message parameters.
-Added "Fully Exit Script Tree" event to exit the script and everything else that called the script.
-Removed irrelevant system events from MMORPG template/games except when accessing custom events/network messages.
-Added "Advanced Message Box" to MMORPG template.
-Improved stability of MMORPG template.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Postby JimmySterylian » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 am

I've sent a bug report, did you successfully receive it? I'm using the Steam version(1.018.005) by the way.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:38 am

I have rejected the bug report at this time since I can not reproduce the issue. It is highly likely that something specific you are inputting is causing the issue, or something else all together is causing the issue. I tried setting up the event like this:

Please when setting up tests to make them as simple as possible. If you can, create a setup which causes the issue, setup a quick test, then re-send that would be great. A setup where I can simply hit "Test Game" and get the error. This way we hopefully won't have the issue of a team member unable to reproduce it!

And this go-round, if I am still unable to reproduce it I can have a few other team members test to see if it is computer-specific, such as a non-english locale for example.
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Postby JimmySterylian » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:14 am

Are you using the CE as an event or use value? The error occurs when using it as a use value only and it happens in the editor, you don't need to test the game. Here's what happens to me
GIF.gif

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Ah, yes. I miss-read your initial post my bad. Thank you for including the GIF I will forward this bug to Mike!

Mike has marked this issue Fixed for next version! Thank you for reporting.
Last edited by Mr.Numbers on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Return to Bug and Error Reporting