problems with mesh collision.

Report any problems that may have occurred while using 001 Game Creator.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
dragonnutds
001 Subscriber

problems with mesh collision.

Postby dragonnutds » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:55 pm

i am having 2 issues with mesh collisions.

first is that it imports sideways, and not saving rotations. it imported sideways when it was first added, but a simple rotation edit in engine would fix that. now it keeps restoring default rotation on save.

and second is that it only seems to work sometimes... at first i thought it was just sketchup but i am using a new app now and its still wonky,

edit, why did i put this in technical support questions? it should have been in error reporting.... oh well

but ya, the "only seems to work sometimes" may be wrong... any problems that i was having may have to due with the fact that all collisions, mesh, actor, built in tile system, all of it, is having a error.
edit, nvm. the "collision error" was a user error, so ya, all wonkeyness is still here, unless my model has some nasty user error in it...
Last edited by dragonnutds on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: problems with mesh collision.

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:53 am

I can confirm the above to being an issue. :(
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Re: problems with mesh collision.

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:51 am

If anyone can send me a blank project containing a single sprite with this mesh issue in question, in addition to a link to the .dae file that is being used, I can definitely look into the issue :) !

EDIT: Thanks to AnvilHouse's bug report, I've fixed the following:

-Fixed rotation changes of collision from not being saved.
-Fixed imported mesh collisions from being rotated incorrectly.
-Fixed misplaced mesh collision when inserted.

Return to Bug and Error Reporting