change movement Z cannot be stopped!

Report any problems that may have occurred while using 001 Game Creator.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
dragonnutds
001 Subscriber

change movement Z cannot be stopped!

Postby dragonnutds » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 am

i was working on some ladder physics when i learned that setting "change movement z" to zero dose not stop the actors climbing/falling.

edit:as a workaround is using "change velocity z" set to zero will end the climb/fall,

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: change movement Z cannot be stopped!

Postby Mr.Numbers » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:38 am

Do you mean that the actor continues to go up forever? Or that it gradually comes to a stop.

If it goes on forever this is a bug, however if it gradually comes to a stop this is not a bug. Setting the value to 0 does not set the velocity to 0, just stops acceleration.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

dragonnutds
001 Subscriber

Postby dragonnutds » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:29 pm

it goes on forever as far as i can tell, ill do a more in depth check now. i haven't added any acceleration values so it really shouldent be that.

made a test actor. its forever.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:57 am

Can you send a super simple test project that reproduces the issue? Thanks!
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Return to Bug and Error Reporting