Intro adder

Have any questions in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

If you are getting an bug or error, please report it to the Bug and Error Reporting forum section instead.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.
death420

Intro adder

Postby death420 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:35 am

Okay i was wanting to have a Intro for my game and well im not sear how to add it like for text intro so when you start to play the game like start a new toon the text would scroll up or down but not to fast it cant be read but i think this add on would be used a lot to get the RPG games started with the story but any way i would like to see this in the future

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Re: Intro adder

Postby JimmySterylian » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:07 am

I don't know why you posted this again and this time at Tech support even though it looks like a request but nevertheless it's really simple to do what you're asking.

Step 1: Create a field on desired interface
Step 2: Write the text you want to be scrolled(You can use the Pilcrow sign ¶ (ALT+0182) if you want to change line and make text after it appear below the text previously).
Step 3: On the Player Enters trigger inside Interface Properties use the Position Field event to make that field go really up or down(depending on where you want it to start scrolling from) like, X: 256, Y: -3000 or +3000.
Step 4: After that, put another Position Field that will move it the opposite way of which you specified with the previous event(e.g. If you set it's Y value to -3000, on this event you'd want to set it to something like 100 or so, that really depends on your game's set resolution). Now to make it scroll smoothly, start tweaking the Duration value, the bigger it is in duration, the slower the next will scroll.

That should work.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:08 am

I moved it from feature requests since it was already very possible, as you noted :P.

death420

Postby death420 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:01 pm

okay can you make a video with voice on how to do this cuzz i dont under stand text that well

in other words i dont learn from text sorry i just dont understand the steps

tyvm

Return to Technical Support Questions