Interface Controls

Have any questions in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

If you are getting an bug or error, please report it to the Bug and Error Reporting forum section instead.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.
Kaptain_Kooki233

Interface Controls

Postby Kaptain_Kooki233 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:42 pm

So I have an RPG in the making, and it looks and feels wonderful, but I have no idea how to work the Interface, and I would like to get it to work on Mobile devices, such as my Android phone. I have the game on my phone, but I have no way to do anything, because I have no Idea how to integrate arrow keys or something like that to the game. Any help is appreciated!

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: Interface Controls

Postby Mr.Numbers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Does your game currently work with the keyboard? If so, you can simply place a field on an interface, make it selectable and enable the "Simulate Control" option (Picking the input you want the field to use). Then use the "Show/Hide Interface" event to make the interface visible (Place this either in the introduction script, or in the map properties "Player Entered" trigger, or wherever makes sense!)
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Return to Technical Support Questions