Won't let me send a Bug Report through the Game Engine

Have any questions in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

If you are getting an bug or error, please report it to the Bug and Error Reporting forum section instead.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.
My Game Company
001 Subscriber

Won't let me send a Bug Report through the Game Engine

Postby My Game Company » Sun May 14, 2017 9:39 pm

It won't let me send a bug report through the game engine. I've tried a bunch of times, even tried to send one after I restarted my computer. It just keeps telling me that my internet is configured in such a way that it's not compatible. I have a major bug in my game that I'm in dire need to fix and tried different ways to fix it but I got no luck and I'm wanting to release it on steam here soon once its done. The map goes into a weird 3rd person view outside of my first person pre set. and goes into some orbital view. Also, the top of some of the walls are not showing and transparent if you will... please help, thanks!!

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Re: Won't let me send a Bug Report through the Game Engine

Postby AnvilHouse » Mon May 15, 2017 10:29 am

Well the wall thing is an easy fix, make sure it has a roof set

as for the the camera, does it throw up an error window (something saying like Critical Error # causing the engine to crash) if not it is more than likely something on your end causing a script conflict with the camera. Mind tossing up your scripts that deal with the camera so we could take a peak? ;)
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

My Game Company
001 Subscriber

Postby My Game Company » Mon May 15, 2017 12:06 pm

It has a default roof selected... It only messes up on some of the walls but not all of them and its the same wall that is used. and as for the camera view, there is no error... and the when I go to test the game, the 1st person works, it only messes up when I change maps... It used to work fine but now it doesn't.

Not Entirely sure how to share scripts but here is what it gave me, hope that it works:

Starting the Game:

CsK5rs

http://www.engine001.com/script/CsK5rs

Switching a Map:

nugomm

http://www.engine001.com/script/nugomm

????
Last edited by My Game Company on Tue May 16, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Postby AnvilHouse » Fri May 19, 2017 11:40 am

Is the script containing the pan camera event, change horizontal orbit, and change vertical in a timer? If not that is your problem, there is nothing keeping the camera locked to your actor position as soon as the map is changed.
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

My Game Company
001 Subscriber

Postby My Game Company » Sun May 21, 2017 2:28 pm

It is in a timer on the HUD screen... for the pan camera and rotation change Z... The vertical and horizontal, I need that to be per map because of the different directions that I want the player to look at a certain direction on each map change...

Return to Technical Support Questions