"Bobble Heading" sprites

Have any questions in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

If you are getting an bug or error, please report it to the Bug and Error Reporting forum section instead.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.
Jayfeather
001 Subscriber

"Bobble Heading" sprites

Postby Jayfeather » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:25 pm

I recently started to crop the images in my sprite layers. I line them up perfectly in the sprite editor. I can go frame by frame and they are fine, but when I test them they sort of bounce around like bobble head dolls.

I have a feeling that this has something to do with some kind of auto key-framing, as in between frames try to average when editing sprites. I wonder if there is a way to turn this off or lock the layers down to the precise coordinates I set them to?

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: "Bobble Heading" sprites

Postby Mr.Numbers » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:43 am

Hmm... I actually don't believe there is a way to turn this feature off :P Perhaps I'm missing it as well? I'm not sure to be honest.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:35 pm

I misunderstood your post originally, I thought you were having issues with frame pixels when location does not actually change.

Currently, holding points and bullet points have tweening disabled and everything else has it enabled. There's plenty of room in the sequence editor, so it wouldn't be difficult to add this.

Jayfeather
001 Subscriber

Postby Jayfeather » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:27 pm

That's good to know. I'm sure it will also be essential to have 100% predictability with the sprites when the normal maps are in use. One does not know for sure if they will Tween the same way every time.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:16 am

Heh, forgot to mention, threw this in yesterday, and testers confirmed it working. Should see this next version as well :) !

Jayfeather
001 Subscriber

Postby Jayfeather » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:28 am

Mike wrote:Heh, forgot to mention, threw this in yesterday, and testers confirmed it working. Should see this next version as well :) !

Between these two things you got my subscription for a few months at least. Keep up the good work! 8)

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:48 pm

Much appreciated :) !

Return to Technical Support Questions