FPS holding point wobble

Have any questions in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

If you are getting an bug or error, please report it to the Bug and Error Reporting forum section instead.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.
Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: FPS holding point wobble

Postby Jegar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:18 pm

I am able to build the game no issue.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:08 am

My suggestion is add 001 as an exception to any firewalls, make sure it's excluded from antiviruses, that you are running as admin and possibly restart your computer than try to send it again.

If it still does not work you can zip the test project and upload it to dropbox, then pm me the link.

EDIT:
Sorry for the delay, been quite busy lately. Finally had a minute to take a look! I'd definitely agree this is likely a bug, and will investigate further. I'll try to reproduce this issue in a much simpler project then forward it to Mike.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:34 am

Awesome thank you. I too have been very busy which has delayed me getting you this info, so I understand completely.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:14 pm

Slight problem. I am absolutely unable to reproduce this is a separate project. This leads me to believe that there is more to this issue than appears on the surface. If you could reproduce this in a super simplified project, then send that project my way that would be much appreciated!

You don't need to be able to move or anything, as well, if you could make it so you have unlimited ammo & a fast fire rate on the weapon that would be appreciated! There's a huge chance that some small little thing is causing this issue, whether it be a script in the background, a legacy option or some minor little thing. Any help on trying to find the cause would be great as I'm sorta going in a little blind with this as I do not know how your project all works.
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Ok, I updated the game, just starting a new game will drop you in the first map with a pistol of unlimited ammo, you can replicate by spinning in circles slowly firing.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 am

I have gone through your game and I can determine that I don't currently believe this is a bug.

First of all, SOMETHING in your game is snapping the holding point to specific small incremental values. I really don't know how your game works so I can only do so much, as well, I am unable to reproduce this "Snapping" action on any other project, and I am unable to MAKE your game stop snapping.

Second, if you actually set the firing speed of the pistol to 0.01, you will notice it doesn't actually "Wobble" at all. What you are experiencing is the snapping action above.

The solution to this issue involves fixing the above snapping action. Again, I tested this in a separate project and was unable to reproduce, if you could help me figure out what script, option, etc.. is causing the issue we could determine if this is actually a bug, or human error. It very likely could be a single option on something related to the bullets, the pistol, the player, etc. May be a legacy options I am not sure.

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Hmm, my guess is that it is in the turning logic. But that only modifies the facing direction, not the holding point. I think maybe the camera could be off? But I am unsure of that too. I have checked legacy settings, bullet settings, and others. Maybe my style of tying the camera to the controls in 3d is what is causing it.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:25 am

It may be tied to however you are rotating the actor in relation to the camera. I'd recommend creating a separate project and making a super simplified shooter where you can only look around and fire, and see if the issue persists. If it does in a heavily simplified project you can send it my way and I can take a look!

Previous

Return to Technical Support Questions