PROJECT UNKNOWN

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
REGT

PROJECT UNKNOWN

Postby REGT » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:58 pm

pu_3d_official.png

PU_0.2.png

Welcome to the official space of Project Unknown, the experimental side-scrolling shooter set in a procedurally generated environment. This is where you will find more than you ever wanted to know about the game and its development, as well as hear me rant about its greatness. To start, I’d like to encourage an open discussion about what is and is yet to come of this, so please express your opinions openly and without borders. I’d love to hear what you have to say, as I find the feedback extremely valuable and dearly needed. In any event, I hope you enjoy the stay, feel more inspired, and join in on the excitement as our journey continues forward into the unknown – no pun intended.

CURRENTLY TRENDING - FEATURES
This is a list of features and their contextual stories that are currently available and on their way to serious improvements in the near future.

Procedural Terrain Generator
Everyone enjoys a memorable visit to the lands untraveled and unlikely to be traveled again. Long or short, the journey stays in memory and continues to remind you of something you simply can’t forget. In Project Unknown, this memory is built partly thanks to an unforgettable terrain and content generator that continues to surprise even after hundreds of runs. Each world is crafted with unique features and areas to explore up or down for an expansive experience. Surface areas are brilliantly decorated with hills and flatlands as part of natural biome systems that are born with the mix of temperature fluctuations due to elevation and humidity levels from theorized precipitation. The result is a vast and wild landscape that is joined with naturally recurring underground cave systems, some hidden and others posing extreme hazards to travelers.

Procedural Architecture
The limitless adventure continues with more random features which include all architectural designs found in the world of Project Unknown. Since the list of specifics is growing, current mentions will be limited to cave access systems alone, which include user-operated elevator platforms. Weather hidden or not from view, all caves are accessible using functional and user-friendly elevators, which make vertical travel much safer and more predictable than it otherwise would.

Dynamic/Advanced AI
In Project Unknown, hostiles utilize most physical and nonphysical senses; touch, vision, and hearing. This dynamic approach creates a unique player-to-AI relationship that is only further enhanced by specialized AI class groups, tactical teaming, and local and global communication with predictive algorithms. Unlike most and traditional side-scrollers, Project Unknown simulates a realistic combat environment with the exception of arcade world interactions. AI was hence built on a conservative foundation of tactical planning and situation monitoring rather than a quick-action execution scheme. Units balance actions by considering teammates and global implications of infiltrators present. Alarm codes are also delivered globally to warn others of hostile activity and reinforcements, making Project Unknown a deadly yet exciting venture.

Interactive Grappling Hook
Given challenging terrain obstacles and well-guarded defensive enemy positions, Project Unknown gifts players the ability to use a unique but practical grappling hook to make world navigation easier and tactical encounters more enjoyable. This tool is available to use simultaneously alongside the player’s primary firearm and can be used to latch unto any non-character object.

Download: https://www.engine001.com/games/PROJECT%20UNKNOWN_3651.htm

Snively

Re: PROJECT UNKNOWN

Postby Snively » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:44 am

Procedural Architecture feature is what I'm really interested in if it's done properly. It's also a slippery slope if it's too repetitive and doesn't generate good looking maps. I'll keep my eye on this project for sure.

Return to Games In Progress