Farmyard Madness [OPEN SOURCE]

For completed games made with 001.
Danny
001 Forum Master

Re: Farmyard Madness - BUY IT NOW!

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Update 12/07/09 1:02

Been up late working on some things for Vortex - made a few tweaks to the HUD, some maps and added tons of scripting. I'll get some new screen shots as soon as I can but right now I am going to sleep as it's late over here. :lol:

Kinda made it sound like a personal log lol, so what happened to that project then? Did you give up or something?

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Haha, I meant the 001 homepage, that's why I said 'we'. :lol:

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:14 pm

Indiana 266 wrote:Haha, I meant the 001 homepage, that's why I said 'we'. :lol:

Ah sorry i didnt notice you meant that because Lee replied after talking about his websites Hompage, sorry for stealing your idea lol :lol: I withdraw the idea now :D

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:19 am

I apologise as well. I completely misread what you said. Now that I look at it again I feel kind of silly but yeah, it would be good to showcase the game on the 001 homepage but that's really up to Mike to decide.

o0 Sniper 0o wrote:Kinda made it sound like a personal log lol, so what happened to that project then? Did you give up or something?

The project was simply too big and I couldn't handle big projects back then. Plus I didn't really plan it out properly, I was sort of making it up as I went along. Two things I've learnt from since then.
Last edited by Lee on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:16 am

I downloaded the demo and it doesn't get past the initial "this is only a demo screen" and it seems like the mouse does not engage with 001 or with your starting interface. My cursor dissappears and becomes useless when I run the game. Anyone else have this problem?
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:05 am

Fireleaf wrote:I downloaded the demo and it doesn't get past the initial "this is only a demo screen" and it seems like the mouse does not engage with 001 or with your starting interface. My cursor dissappears and becomes useless when I run the game. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah. Someone else reported it to me earlier today and I've reported it under the Bugs & Error Reporting section. The demo itself is fine (as the one I uploaded to my site works like a charm and it's the same files) but for some reason the 001 download locks the cursor in the top-left hand corner of the screen and you can't move it at all. I've put a disclaimer on the 001 download page about it, hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

EDIT: This has now been fixed. Re-download the game, install and enjoy!

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Sweet! Redownloading ...

EDIT: The interface work on this is awesome! Everything is so smooth. Very nice. The levels are fun too. And the main menu is one of the coolest things I've seen done on a main menu.
Great sound effects, great music (especially the theme song), great graphics, great gameplay. Great game!
I think you may be right about the demo being a bit limited about the game's full potential though. Maybe you should add a couple more levels to the demo maybe 10 instead of 5 or something like that. Gives players more time to get to know the game.
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:06 am

Just bought/downloaded the game. Can't wait to play.

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:18 am

Gamerdude wrote:Just bought/downloaded the game. Can't wait to play.

Awesome! Thanks Gamerdude :D

Fireleaf wrote:EDIT: The interface work on this is awesome! Everything is so smooth. Very nice. The levels are fun too. And the main menu is one of the coolest things I've seen done on a main menu.
Great sound effects, great music (especially the theme song), great graphics, great gameplay. Great game!
I think you may be right about the demo being a bit limited about the game's full potential though. Maybe you should add a couple more levels to the demo maybe 10 instead of 5 or something like that. Gives players more time to get to know the game.

Yeah, I have been thinking about that but also the levels I chose aren't the best levels really, which was silly of me as the whole point of a demo is to wow people into buying the full version. There's some really sweet levels in the Meat Factory act (of which I didn't include in the demo) that I'm thinking of putting into a new demo. I don't want to put too many levels in the demo as I want the full version to be a good investment but I may add one or two more levels or put back some of the features that I took out (like the bonus levels, Market and so forth).

I'm also thinking about a patch that I might release to make a few tweaks to the game and add in a couple of extra things and whatnot. I might... I might even bring back my original Christmas/Winter special expansion pack that I was thinking about last year (when I thought FM would be finished way back in December 2011 XD) as that might encourage people to buy the game - this being a free expansion/patch that unlocks more levels, game play mechanics, etc. *gets out pen and paper*
Last edited by Lee on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Attach it with the game if they buy it in December. Limited time offer.

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Games