Paint Cubes v1.4 (Open Source)

For completed games made with 001.
Danny
001 Forum Master

Re: Paint Cubes v1.3 (Open Source)

Postby Danny » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Hey JamX may i steal your 3D cube to use in my game? If so what terms? Thanks :D

JamX
001 Subscriber

Postby JamX » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:51 pm

Paint Cube Resources License
You can use the Paint Cubes resources in any 001 / GG Maker project, for both commercial and non-commercial projects.
You may redistribute the resources as long as you do not claim them as your own, but credit is not necessary.
You cannot change this license for these individual resources.

How's that? I'll post it to the first page.

The cube is made up of many sprite pieces, if you need any help setting it up just ask.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Yeah help would be great please :D I needed a cube that's why i asked, I thought a simple export may work.

Edit: How do you move the cube? I see no input triggers or controls for moving it yet oddly i can move with A,S,D and W :?
Last edited by Danny on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

JamX
001 Subscriber

Postby JamX » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:26 pm

It depends on how you plan on using it.
If you just want a 3D cube with no color, use the Full Cube.

If you want colors, A simple export on all of the Cube Faces might work for your purpose.
You can choose either the Cube Full or Cube Frame as your 3D Model. (Or Cube Base for no 3D model)

Edit ----------------
Okay. Movement is very special. I set actor variables to tell the actor what he should do next.

Take a look at the Input Control Timer on the Full Screen Interface.
Last edited by JamX on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Looks very confusing :? I just want a 3D cube that can move the same way as yours does but the control layout is over my head. I will try my best to work on it. Thank you :)

JamX
001 Subscriber

Postby JamX » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Also take a look at the "flip cube" custom event, it will only work inside Paint Cubes.
I haven't made that modular because it requires a buffer actor (for smoother color transitions)

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:27 pm

JamX wrote:Also take a look at the "flip cube" custom event, it will only work inside Paint Cubes.
I haven't made that modular because it requires a buffer actor (for smoother color transitions)

I actually got things to work as i wanted. I just needed a cube for the game, i don't need to give the sides color for paint or anything since am not copying your game :D I did however copy your scripts for camera angles and stuff and seems i can use normal moving controls and the cube moves anyway.

I will credit you as these are your resources and work and the main objective for the game is a cube, if it wasnt for you letting me use the cube i would be stuck with boring 2D.

Your project is very useful for learning stuff to, thank you :)

JamX
001 Subscriber

Re: Paint Cubes v1.4 (Open Source)

Postby JamX » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:10 am

I have to make an apology.
I accidentally redistributed this sound effect:

File: (Water Splash 1) http://www.soundjay.com/nature-sounds-2.html
License: http://www.soundjay.com/tos.html

This website is a good resource for commercial-use sound files, and I had downloaded it a long time ago for Dawn of the Elements.
I had the license to use it in any completed project, however I could not legally redistribute it as a raw file.

I forgot that I downloaded the asset, and I believed that I created it.
I will separate my assets so that this won't happen again.

A correction has been made for version 1.4, I replaced the file with one that I created with sfxr.
Here is the sound replacement: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26202908/new_spash.wav

Previous

Return to Completed Games