3D Test - Give your Feedback!

Discussion pertaining to resources, stories/characters and gameplay ideas in this forum dedicated to games that are just a faint glow.
Forum rules
Do not create a topic offering to produce resources. Click here for the reason.

Please use above resources section of site so everyone can have access to the resources you create.
Kuresu

3D Test - Give your Feedback!

Postby Kuresu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:52 pm

So, I've started messing around with 3D in 001 and this is the result I've got so far:

The models were done with MagicaVoxel, and for rigging and animations I used Mixamo.

I know, it's pretty simple, but that's what I can do in my free time as a one man team.

I'd like to know what are your impressions about it and if you'd find a game like this at least a little asthetically pleasing.

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Re: 3D Test - Give your Feedback!

Postby JimmySterylian » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:20 am

That's actually pretty neat looking :D The models coloring and lighting give great asthetics.

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:56 pm

yeah, thats not too bad at all. if theres one thing the voxels are not good for its hair, apart from that theres no problem aesthetically for me. like pixels come to life

id be interested to know what the polycount is like, paradoxically i think voxels would be a higher polycount than normal lowpoly 3d, its all relative ofcourse.
Last edited by evs on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

noeneto123
001 Support

Postby noeneto123 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:23 pm

Great work! How much time you take to make models and animate in these programs?

Return to Resource, Story and Level Design