Bestiary

Discussion pertaining to resources, stories/characters and gameplay ideas in this forum dedicated to games that are just a faint glow.
Forum rules
Do not create a topic offering to produce resources. Click here for the reason.

Please use above resources section of site so everyone can have access to the resources you create.
EgyLynx
001 Enthusiast

Re: Bestiary

Postby EgyLynx » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Shingu wrote:
Kilatorian wrote:Here's my latest 'skeleton lord', showing off multiple directions.
skeletonlord.png

It seems that this "skeleton lord" uses his shield upside down.

I think it was little "black humor" ;) .
goodbay

Kilatorian
001 Support

Postby Kilatorian » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:21 pm

Picture yourself holding a shield with your fist in front of your face so the top of the shield is facing up, and then let your hand down by your side. Here's a picture of him guarding:
g1.png
g1.png (14.22 KiB) Viewed 1118 times

This is the actual resolution of the enemy in game, though I'm only rendering him at 25% (or about 64 pixels), I haven't decided on how low of resolution I'm going, I figured this is the max it will be.

And evs you can disregard the textures as I haven't really done anything with textures yet :P Those stairs were my first modeling attempt and texture is way to small (It's actually the 001 stone wall texture)

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:59 pm

the shield does look upside down but i think thats fine. kindof a gundam style. i suppose historically they'dve been worn at 90 degrees to either of those angles (at least thats the way the straps are usually shown, but what do historians know about a real fight?) but i like the gundam style of wearing it along the arm.. makes more sense

Shingu
001 Supporter

Postby Shingu » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:33 am

I saw "gundam shield" in google images, this style makes more sense when the shield is an image made for that style...
The image of the bird on the shield of this "Lord skeleton" is not made for that style for example, so it seems like upside down i think.

The shield of this "Lord skeleton" should be something better than I did here in my image...
With a correction in lighting for example(following the style "gundam"):
Attachments
g11.png
g11.png (11.78 KiB) Viewed 1107 times

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:04 pm

so i think this ones about finnished..
mine ox sreen 16.png

not sure whats next.. maybe a LizardMan? ..gotta have LizardMen in a Fantasy Game

Tiny Dino i think
Tiny Dino Screen 1.png

Kilatorian
001 Support

Postby Kilatorian » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Mine-Ox is looking good evs, and cool axe, I like your style. Did you draw the tiny dino pixel art as well?

Shingu, I see what you're saying, I'm probably not going to change the shield though. I've actually been thinking just redoing the walking animation, because as it is he's just casually walking with his arm down his side when realistically he would have it somewhat raised so it would be ready if he needed it.

Here's my first human enemy, some sort of saxon invader:
newhuman.png

And my next enemy, the Red Knight:
redknight.png
redknight.png (10.87 KiB) Viewed 1079 times

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Lyn is improving...Phone app from game.
Attachments
phone app.png
LynFace2.png
LynFace2.png (5.95 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
LynFace1.png
LynFace1.png (6.38 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
LynFace_zps413e2748.png
LynFace_zps413e2748.png (6.36 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:46 pm

yeah i like the style of your humans kil, good outfits. definately good to have some human enemies too. yeah i did draw the pixel art version too, the origional is actually double that size, i made them for my previous game, a handpainted side scroller beatemup. actually i should say a big thanks for your comments, especially on the axe, iv made and painted heaps of weapons, thats the first one which is comming out right, ill attach a pic of the directly previous axe UV i did,
Orcs Axe 1 UV5.png
Orcs Axe 1 UV5.png (81.85 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
it just looks wrong, doesnt look like metal at all. one thing i changed in doing the latest (Mionotaur) one is, while choosing the base colours in MS Paint, i put the Minotaur UV next to it and tried to choose a colour which matched.

Yes, Your portraits are improving Serrafina, shes looking good. they are a hard thing to do, but verry fun hey. im not the best at portraits. what programs are you using to paint now? SerifDraw Plus is still my favourite, but MS Paint is still invaluable for cleaning up and editing.

Shingu
001 Supporter

Postby Shingu » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:22 pm

serrafina wrote:Lyn is improving...Phone app from game.

Here is a topic to display monsters, what kind of monster is "Lyn"? :lol:

Arseo
001 Supporter

Location: Somewhere between The Dark Side of the Moon and Silent Hill

Postby Arseo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:21 pm

You said concept art...how about really crap concept sketches from old planning documents?

Was for a Silent Hill style game I was (and still am) planning on doing.
Attachments
IMG_0035.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG
There was a website here. It's gone now.

PreviousNext

Return to Resource, Story and Level Design